Computone board for dial in/out modem - anybody make it work

Frank Bicknell frankb at usource.SARASOTA.FL.US
Fri Jan 12 01:39:34 AEST 1990

In article <278 at boake2.UUCP> scott at boake2.UUCP (Scott Boake) writes:
> Has anybody been able to make a Computone board work for dial
> in/out under SCO Xenix or SCO UNIX?  I've tried and can get it to
> work one way or the other but not both.
>
> Has anybody be able to make ANY intelligent I/O card work both
> ways ?

We tried with an 8$ board and our distributor told us it
couldn't be done.  Back to COM1 it was.  Most disappointing.

The problem we experienced, as I recall, was that the board did
not properly manipulate the DTR line (left it on all the time, I
believe) so that when the port was disabled, the modem still
answered the line.  This problem led me to ask other questions,
and that was when we discovered it would not work in/out at the
same port.
--
Frank Bicknell
UniSource; 1405 Main St, Ste 709; Sarasota, FL 34236