Tape backup for Xenix and DOS

Randy Bush randy at m2xenix.UUCP
Sun Jan 14 05:55:01 AEST 1990

In article <839.25acdcf4 at simpact.com> dsmith at simpact.com writes:
> I have been using the Archive VP 150 drive under both Xenix 386 and DOS.
> It works great under both.  Besides, the driver for Xenix 386 are already
> distributed with Xenix.

I am having problems doing this, and someone here may be able to help.

I have been running for months quite successfully using a 386/20 with 2.3.1 on
a Maxtor using the Future Domain 841 host adapter.  Last week, I got a good
deal on an Archive V150 SCSI tape drive, but ...

  o Runs fine if I boot MS-DROSS from a floppy, so hw install is ok

  o mkdev tape, and answer cartrige, but no SCSI option

  o call Future Domain, and they say that their Xenix drivers do not yet
   support cart tape.

Anyone have a magic wand?

--
..!uunet!m2xenix!randy   randy at m2xenix.uucp   (Randy Bush)