Xenix 386 Mail help!?

mark mark at linqdev.UUCP
Wed Jan 10 07:34:35 AEST 1990

Hi... I'm stumped and wonder if anybody else has experienced the same
trouble.

Our system name is 'linqdev' and we connect into the network via 'ole'
I get mail and network news just fine but if I try to reply either to
a mail message or a posting my return path drops 'ole' and sometimes
others.  EG:

Suppose I get a message from this path:

   dataio!thebes!ole!linqdev!mark   (from steves)

I am used to just typing 'r' and having the mailer (elm has same trouble!)
reverse the path for me to something like:

   ole!thebes!dataio!steves

What it actually does give me is:

   thebes!dataio!stevev

Of course my mailer says...  "No local system named thebes".

We are running SCO Xenix 2.3.1.  As mentioned above, I get this result
with both 'mail' and 'elm'...

Mark

  thebes!ole!linqdev!mark