Grpahics on *nix (Was: Graphic Output on Dot Matrix)

Louis Schmittroth louis at cs.AthabascaU.CA
Thu Jan 18 03:48:51 AEST 1990

In article <365 at usource.SARASOTA.FL.US>, frankb at usource.SARASOTA.FL.US (Frank Bicknell) writes:
> Personally, I'd like to know more about people's experiences
> with these and other graphics formats under {xe|u}nix.  I'm
> interested in knowing more about what laser printers are capable
> of under *nix.  I have run a couple of desktop publishing
> programs under vpix with success.  Notably First Publisher
> (limited, but still useful) and Ventura (powerful, but a mite
> slow).

I run Elan troff under Xenix, but I am still searching for a graphics
program which I could run uder vpix.  I would like to hear more about
experiences with other packages under vpix.  Elan troff can import
TIFF files and MacPaint formats.

Thanks for any enlightenment.

Louis Schmittroth