moving news area

Mark J. DeFilippis mark at promark.UUCP
Wed Jan 10 14:10:49 AEST 1990

In article <6411 at turnkey.gryphon.COM>, jackv at turnkey.gryphon.COM (Jack F. Vogel) writes:
> In article <264 at consult.UUCP> bob at consult.UUCP (Bob Willey) writes:
>
> >I am attempting to rearrange the filesystems on our system (going to
> >add an additional drive to the system).  I am going to create the new
> >drive with the /u filesystem.  What I would like to do, is to move
> >all the /usr/spool/news/*  files (UUNET, etc.) to /u/spool/news/*
> >area for simplicity sake.  We have the SCO compiled distribution for
> >UUNET connection and using rn for a reader.

You need the sources.  UUNET should have them.  Also, osu-cis has the
sources with the xenix patches.  you can reach them via:

#
# Direct Trailblazer
#
osu-cis Any ACU 19200 1-614-292-5112 in:--in:--in: Uanon
#
# Micom switch 2400 bps
#
osu-cis Any ACU 2400 1-614-292-3124 "" \r\c Name? osu-cis nected \c GO \d\r\d\r\d\r in:--in:--in: Uanon

The version they have is the version I am running.  It was fairly straight
forward to configure and install.

Or if you want, call me at the University, and I will configure the sources
for you, compile them, and slap the whole thing sources and all on either a
5.25 floppy, 9 track 1600 BPI tape, or a QIC-40 cart. tape.
You would just have to tar them off and type "make install".

Mark J. DeFilippis

--
Adelphi University, Garden City, NY 11530                   (516) 663-1170
SA @ Department of Mathematics and Computer Science