Who uses 'adb' debugger?

Aryeh M. Weiss aryeh at eddie.mit.edu
Mon Jan 8 06:58:50 AEST 1990

>In article <107 at melpar.UUCP> toppin at melpar.UUCP (Doug Toppin   X2075) writes:
>>I am interested in how many people use the 'adb' debugger

I use adb frequently because I have used it alot and it gives me information
that sdb does not.  One irritation I have is that when tracing a process,
I am interested in seeing what routines call which, so at a certain breakpoint
I must repeatedly enter a series of keystrokes to show the call stack and
continue on.  What I would like to see in a debugger would be a general
breakpoint macro that will execute a list of commands when a breakpoint
occurs.  Another nice feature would be to a general mechanism to show when
procedures are entered and exited within a certain procedure or range of
addresses without setting explicit breakpoints.

What other debuggers are available (at low cost of course :-) for Xenix anyway?

--
eliot%lees-rif at eddie.mit.edu (Eliot H. Frank)