fax for Xenix

Amanda Walker amanda at mermaid.intercon.com
Wed Jan 10 13:13:50 AEST 1990

In article <11785 at guru.megatest.UUCP>, bmarathe at megatest.UUCP (Bharat Marathe)
writes:
>    You first create a  text  file  using  any  editor.  Then  use  our
> menu-driven  program to  specify when and where you want it sent. That
> is all to it.

Sounds like every other PC fax modem.  Something that would be nice is a
standalone FAX modem that would handle either a text stream or an encoded
image, that could be used from anything with a serial port.  Something like:

	ATDTxxx-xxx-xxxx
	CONNECT FAX Gn
	<either bitmap or straight ASCII with formfeeds--autodiscrimination
	 would be a win>
	DISCONNECTED

and the same for incoming calls (perhaps without the ASCII version).

I guess I'll keep on dreaming...

Amanda Walker
InterCon Systems Corporation