FIORDCHK

Dave Hammond daveh at marob.masa.com
Thu Jan 18 07:00:51 AEST 1990

In article <1027 at khijol.UUCP> erc at khijol.UUCP writes:
>In article <4587 at questar.QUESTAR.MN.ORG> jeff at questar.UUCP writes:
>>	I'm trying to find a portable way to check for function
>>	key presses.
>Have you tried keypad() in conjunction with getch()?  If you are using curses,
>this is the best portable way to do what you want to do.

Keypad() is likely to be portable only amongst Xenix and SysV systems.
Most BSD-derived systems do not support keypad(), idlok(), etc.  Also,
some versions of Xenix include broken keypad() implementations (I recall
that certain standard ASCII keys returned null when pressed).

--
Dave Hammond
daveh at marob.masa.com
uunet!masa.com!marob!daveh