SCO tcp/ip official release

Chip Salzenberg chip at tct.uucp
Wed Jul 4 01:19:03 AEST 1990

According to lance at embassy.UUCP (Lance N. Antrim):
>On Friday I received the official release for SCO's tcp/ip for xenix.
>[...]
>SCO seems to recommend using MMDF rather then sendmail, though they
>include both.

I've used SCO Xenix/386 with SCO TCP/IP, and I was quite happy with
it.  Assuming that you have the TCP/IP development kit, I'd get
Smail 3.1.19 from uunet.uu.net in the ~/mail directory.  It's a
plug-in replacement for Sendmail, and it handles SMTP and DNS.

If you don't have the development kit, then use MMDF.

Avoid Sendmail like... the plague.
--
Chip Salzenberg at ComDev/TCT     <chip at tct.uucp>, <uunet!ateng!tct!chip>