tset on SCO UNIX 3.2.0

Jonathan Bayer jbayer at ispi.COM
Sun Jul 15 22:20:27 AEST 1990

tb at pemstgt.gtc.de (Tillmann Basien) writes:

>Hallo,
>on SCO UNIX 3.2.0 I tried to connect a Wy60 termial. I specified it in my
>.login file of the csh. When I logged in tset can't find the termial type,
>but it is specified in /etc/termcap. After some experiments I tried the
>good old tset from SCO XENIX 2.3.2. This will work, but for some terminal
>(ansi) the termcap entry is to great for the csh.

>1.) Has the SCO UNIX tset-command a bug? Is there a work around or a bugfix
>    disk?
>2.) What must I do, if the csh tells that the enviromentstring is to long?
>    Is it possible to set the enviroment size of a shell ?

On SCO Unix 3.2 tset looks at the terminfo library, not /etc/termcap.  Make
sure that the terminfo library is compiled.  Look at the directory
/usr/lib/terminfo; there should be a file terminfo.src, and a bunch of
directories, each directory being a letter of the alphabet.

To compile the library the command is: tic terminfo.src

JB
--
Jonathan Bayer		Intelligent Software Products, Inc.
(201) 245-5922		500 Oakwood Ave.