Need help installing Irwin mini

Dave Eisen dkeisen at Gang-of-Four.Stanford.EDU
Thu Jul 19 05:53:25 AEST 1990

In article <1746 at utoday.UUCP> sean at utoday.UUCP (Sean Fulton) writes:

>We have an Irwin mini tape drive for use on an Everex Step 385/25
>running Xenix 2.3 and am unable to get Xenix to recognize the drive.
>
>Constant error messages are something akin to:
>
>	 "Can't <whatever> /dev/xct0"
>
>I believe the *ct0 devices are for full-sized cartridge tapes.

I suspect that you want to change the default tape device (in /etc/default/tape)
to /dev/rctmini from its usual setting of /dev/xct0.

--
Dave Eisen                      	    Home: (415) 323-9757
dkeisen at Gang-of-Four.Stanford.EDU           Office: (415) 967-5644