getty keeps dying

John Lawitzke jhl at frith.uucp
Tue Jul 10 02:46:54 AEST 1990

>From article <9Z1yL1w161w at cdthq>, by gary at cdthq (gary):
$ max at mthvax.cs.miami.edu (Max Southall) writes:
$> >/dev/tty01: getty keeps dying - there may be a problem
$> Yup, see it all the time, randomly.
$
$ Check and make sure all the handshaking lines on your serial
$ port are terminated (either looped back to it's opposite number
$ on the back of the computer, or driven by your terminal). Noise
$ on open lines has caused me problems in the past.

No one seems to be reading my original posting correctly. It is
happening on /dev/tty01, one of the CONSOLE multiscreens.

--
j                               |%|John Lawitzke, Dale Computer Corp., R&D
Inquiring minds just wondering. |%|Internet: jhl at frith.egr.msu.edu