DAT tape backup

mel mel at fleet.UUCP
Sun Jul 8 14:03:54 AEST 1990

Is SCO ever going to give us direct (non third party) support of huge tape
backup devices like DATs and 8 mm Exebyte drives which can store
1.3 to 4 gigabytes per tape??????

With the growth and availabilty of larger disk drives (600-1000 megs),
it is ESSENTIAL that we are able to back these up to one tape cartridge
eliminating the need for somone to nursemade backups (as required when
backing up large drives to 60, 150, or even 250 meg tapes).   What good
is a cron initiated backup at midnight if somone has to be there to change
tape cartridges?

Is anyone at SCO listening?  (I might add that AIX has support for 8mm NOW).

Mel Shear
Fleet Parts & Equipment
New Olreans, LA.  USA
!rex!fleet!mel