DAT tape backup

mel mel at fleet.UUCP
Fri Jul 27 16:56:50 AEST 1990

In article <8222 at scorn.sco.COM> rogerk at sco.COM (Roger Knopf 5502) writes:

>In article <3 at fleet.UUCP> mel at fleet.UUCP (mel) writes:
>>Is SCO ever going to give us direct (non third party) support of huge tape
>>backup devices like DATs and 8 mm Exebyte drives which can store
>>1.3 to 4 gigabytes per tape??????
>
>Yes. Our just-announced SCO Unix 3.2 v2 has support for 3 different
>DAT drives and the Exabyte. I believe that the DAT drives are
>from Archive, Mountain and Tecmar. We also support CD-ROM in
>this release and have completely reworked the disk driver to
>speed it up (we are no longer recommending 3:1 interleaving
>with this release).

Two things...

1)  Will this DAT support also be added to Xenix as well?

2)  Does Xenix 2.3.3GT also recommend a 3:1 interleave?
    If so then what happens when a disk is preformatted by a factory
    installer for 1:1 interleave (as on my HP Vectra 486's 330 meg drive)?

Fleet Parts & Equipment
Mel Shear
!rex!fleet!mel