CBREAK on SCO XENIX

Warren Tucker wht at n4hgf.Mt-Park.GA.US
Wed Jul 25 16:26:49 AEST 1990

In article <192 at xstor.UUCP> iverson at xstor.UUCP (Tim Iverson) writes:
>In article <173 at n4hgf.Mt-Park.GA.US> wht at n4hgf.UUCP (Warren Tucker) writes:
>>> [paraphrased] What's CBREAK?  What's the UNIX equivilant for it?
>>
>>CBREAK may be found but it is also unsupported :-).
>It's used mostly to unbuffer tty input so that programs can get a key as it
>is typed (e.g. rn, emacs, vi, jove, etc. all use cbreak mode or its
>equivilent).  Under Xenix, support for this is provided via the termio
>library calls as follows (see the termio manual entry for details):

Or by comm programs :-)

CBREAK, however, doesn't work.  I must prefer termio to the cluster
of structures you need for BSD tty support, but if CBREAK worked, I
wouldn't have to 'modernize' progras I port, then keeping ifdefs
around to keep the BSD stuff working.