ftp

Fred Fierling fff at mplex.UUCP
Tue Jul 24 10:33:14 AEST 1990

In article <217 at shiloh.UUCP>, dglover at shiloh.UUCP (Don Glover) writes:
> Can some tell me if Xenix comes with ftp capability and where one might
> find it if it does?

ftp is a utility that SCO sells in its TCP/IP package.  Your next question
might be "Does it work?" and the answer is "No!".  At least not for us.  I've
been trying to get SCO TCP/IP working reliably over an Internet SLIP link for
a month now and despite the best efforts of myself, a consultant and a helpful
SCO analyst we've been unable to make it work for more than a few minutes.
We've been buying SCO products for years and this is the first time I've hit
a dead end like this.

Is anyone in netland connected to the Internet via a SLIP link using SCO TCP/IP
while at the same time running a local ethernet?  Is it reliable?  Are you
using a stock version, or have you adb'ed your binaries to make it work?
--
Fred Fierling     fff at eng.mplex.bc.ca     Tel: 604 875-1461  Fax: 604 875-9029
Microplex Systems Ltd   265 East 1st Avenue   Vancouver, BC   V5T 1A7,  Canada