getty keeps dying

Sean Fulton sean at utoday.UUCP
Sat Jul 21 12:38:42 AEST 1990

Forgive me if this seems innane, but I believe you can't specify
"respawn" in /etc/inittab or else exactly what you describe will
happen. I remember this happened a while back with our Xenix 2.3.2,
the docs said put it at respawn to get it to come back on logout, but
the real solution seems to be enable the port (affecting /etc/ttys)
but leave "off" in the inittab field.

--
Sean Fulton 	      *The above does not reflect the opinions of my employer*
uunet!utoday!sean		*If you don't believe me, ask him*