ECU2.80 remote termcap requirements

Jean-Pierre Radley jpr at dasys1.uucp
Sun Jun 10 04:41:36 AEST 1990

In article <707 at n4hgf.uucp> wht at n4hgf.uucp (Warren Tucker) writes:
>Use the SCO ansi termcap in your /etc/termcap.  It is different from
>every other 'ansi' termcap in the world, as all other 'ansi' termcaps
>are unique as well.  Standards are great! EVERYBODY should have one:

Don't you find that this correction is really needed?

	:us=\E[1m:

At least on my EGA monitor, 'less' then distinguishes between underline
and bold font out of nroff, providing that the foreground color is a
low-intensity one, and that the reverse video setcolor has been set up
too.

P.S. The Followup field in your posting arrived here containing
comp.unix.xenixcomp.unix.xenix. This concatenation caused unwonted
tintanabulations.
--
Jean-Pierre Radley						   jpr at jpradley
New York, NY					      72160.1341 at compuserve.com