Problem with configuring kernel parameters.

Boyd Roberts boyd at necisa.ho.necisa.oz
Wed Jun 6 11:20:06 AEST 1990

In article <256 at dynasys.UUCP> jessea at dynasys.UUCP () writes:
>I recently tried to change some kernel parameters and came up with an
>interesting error message:
>
>0048   FF00    _node   db    NODE, 00H
>space.asm(113): error A2050:  Value out of range

Yes, this is the dreaded `nodename less than 4 chars' nightmare.
One of our people got bitten by it a week or so back.

I'm of the distinct belief that I can have up to 9 characters in
my nodename.  After all, thats what <sys/utsname.h> _declares_.

Boyd Roberts			boyd at necisa.ho.necisa.oz.au

``When the going gets wierd, the weird turn pro...''