Problem with configuring kernel parameters.

Cam Fox cam at void.UUCP
Wed Jun 6 11:19:35 AEST 1990

In article <256 at dynasys.UUCP> jessea at dynasys.UUCP () writes:
>I recently tried to change some kernel parameters and came up with an
>interesting error message:
>
>0048   FF00    _node   db    NODE, 00H
>space.asm(113): error A2050:  Value out of range

This is a known bug in configure that occurs with nodenames of 2, 3 or 4
characters. The easy way out is to edit the files
/usr/sys/conf/{xenixconf,master}. Just look for the line in each file
that references "nodename" and edit in your system name between the quotes.
Then just do a make, link_xenix and then hdinstall to rename the old
xenix and copy the new one to "/". When you reboot, you should be
in business.

Cam Fox
cam at void.lonestar.org
{texbell,texsun,letni}!void!cam