Networking micros and minis via TCP/IP

Jon Albers albers at ka3ovk.uucp
Thu Jun 7 05:53:52 AEST 1990

I am trying to network some 386s to a TCP/IP style network of minicomputers
here in the office, and I would like to get some ideas on just how is best
to do this.  The 386s are currently running SCO XENIX-386 2.3.1, but we are
planning to upgrade them to SCO UNIX in the near future.  I know about the
SCO XENIX-NET software package, but would like to know how well this talks
to non-SCO systems.  The other systems involved are UniSys 5000 series
minicomputers and a Sequent S27, all speaking TCP/IP..

							Jon Albers

--
| Jon Albers, IRS, Information Systems Management, Support and Installation.  |
| Office Symbols: ISM:S:S:SI   voice: (202/FTS)535-3729  Packet: KA3OVK at N4QQ  |