VPIX, Ventura Publishing, VGA, mouse

David Fiedler david at infopro.UUCP
Sun Jun 10 17:07:33 AEST 1990

In article <2054 at durin.sparta.COM>, harris at durin.sparta.COM (Jim Harris) writes:
> 1).  How well does 2.3.2 handle the VGA graphics?

It works fine in EGA; VGA I can't say.

> 2).  Can Vertura be used with VPIX?  Does VPIX correctly handle the printer
> drivers used by Ventura?

Yes twice; in fact I have had Ventura up for several years under Vpix. It
takes a while to get stuff out to the printer (I use an Apple Laserwriter
on the serial port, further confusing things) but it does work just fine.
I produced a monthly newsletter and bimonthly magazine with this setup.

> 3).  Does VPIX correctly handle the bus mouse?

Yes.

Just hope you have lots of RAM (4 MB minimum) and nobody else is using the
computer at the time.
--
David Fiedler {bytepb,ditka,hoptoad,mrspoc,pyramid}!infopro!david
USMail:InfoPro Systems, PO Box 220 Rescue CA 95672 Phone:916/677-5870 FAX:-5873