computone

Larry Snyder larry at nstar.UUCP
Wed Mar 28 21:15:22 AEST 1990

> 1. uugetty has problems with re-initializing a port that is used as an
>    in-out port after you make a call out with cu.  Last time I spoke with
>    Tech Support they blamed it on SCO.
>
> 2. The boards get "confused" at times, requiring a re-boot.  It happens on
>    every system we have them in, and it don't matter if they have 2.45 proms
>    with older drivers, or 3.00 proms with 2.28 or whatever drivers, or
>    3.14 proms with 2.35 drivers.  From Day one, they have both of these
>    problems.

I don't use uugetty - only the getty supplied with the X5 upgrade from
ISC - and I can honestly say thay my machine is running fine with bi-directionalcommunications and complete hardware flow control as long as I don't try
to "upgrade" my drivers..

I've never noticed the second problem you mention here at nstar - I did
notice that the 3.14 proms allowed me to run my motherboard buss at 12.5
mhz while the older 3.00 firmwarw limited me to a buss speed of 8 mhz.