Perstor Disk Drive Controllers

Jack F. Vogel jackv at turnkey.TCC.COM
Wed Mar 14 21:50:21 AEST 1990

In article <24 at psmsd.UUCP> pmartin at psmsd.UUCP (Paul Martin) writes:

>The perstor will cause your drive to get hotter than normal thus causing
>a failure.  This is because the drive spins faster under the perstor.

Huh??? You been smoking that Perstor literature or something :-}? A controller
has nothing to do with the rate at which a drive spins!! That is a factor of
the damn motor in the disk drive. The only reason I can see that a controller
would cause the drive to be hot is how much work it gives the heads.

Disclaimer: I speak for me not for LCC or IBM

Jack F. Vogel			jackv at seas.ucla.edu
AIX Technical Support	              - or -
Locus Computing Corp.		jackv at ifs.umich.edu