Is Future Domain SCSI card any good?

Wain Dobson wain at seac.UUCP
Mon Mar 12 16:53:19 AEST 1990

In article <526 at bilver.UUCP> bill at bilver.UUCP (Bill Vermillion) writes:

>The hard drive is a Miniscribe and the controller is the Future Domain
>860.  The computer is an Acer 386 box with 5 megs of memory.

Tried this combination last August. Needless to I cannned it after
a couple of weeks and one very frustrated person (Remember, jtc).
Settled on a reasonable explanation: the Future Domain setup was just
plain frustrating (if i remember, correctly, they seem to have the
AT & GT versions of their software, but don't quote me.); the
Miniscribe was not exactly deligthful, either, with respect to
the Future Domain. As well, at the time we had an early version
of the ACER motherboard that had patches, many.

--
Wain Dobson, Vancouver, B.C.
	...!{uunet,ubc-cs}!van-bc!seac!wain