PANIC - Non-recoverable kernal page fault...

Barton A. Fisk barton at holston.UUCP
Thu Mar 1 13:51:08 AEST 1990

In article <77688 at tut.cis.ohio-state.edu>, mowgli at sioux.cis.ohio-state.edu (Mowgli Assor) writes:
> Well, here it goes again! <Sigh> Recently, we have had a rash of page fault
> panics (4 in 5 days). We have not changed anything for weeks! So, can someone
> explain a few things to me? First off, what each of the various codes below
> stands for (I would presume PC is program counter, KSP is some form of stack
> pointer, but as for the rest - ?). I do not know much about the Intel arch-

According to an old Discover article I read (I don't have it handy)
you should be able to use the info generated by a panic and by
using a debugger ala adb, trace the problem back to the source.
Get your hands on a copy if you can find one.

If I remember right, these problems are almost always hardware and
or device related.

One suggestion is to unplug things until it stops.

Sorry I can't be of more help but I'm not at the office now.
--
uucp: holston!barton