Can I autoboot my xenix application?

Joe Reinhardt joer at comm.WANG.COM
Thu Mar 22 00:40:35 AEST 1990

neverisk at tnl.UUCP (neverisky michael) writes:

>I have an SCO Xenix 2.3.2 application which I would like to autoboot
>at power up.  However, it seems that before I ever get a chance to
>run any shell script I must 1) type RETURN at the boot: prompt 2) enter
>su password or Ctl-D for normal startup and 3) confirm the date!  Can
>all this nonsense be cicumvented?

I believe that Xenix will "autoboot" -- when the "boot:" prompt comes up
and a <CR> is not received after a certain amount of time (like 60 seconds?)
the system boots up automatically.  No need to enter the <CTRL-D> or the
time.

You can put your local startup stuff in one of the startup
scripts in rc.d.

Joe Reinhardt
joer at comm.wang.com