COM3 & COM4 under SCO Xenix ?

root root at ozdaltx.UUCP
Fri Mar 23 00:49:16 AEST 1990

For what it is worth.....
I tried for almost two months to get COM3 & COM4 to work.  I was able
to get 3 working, but never 4. No matter how much I kluged the
sysio/master/io files.  I must have had 14 version of the kernal
floating around. ;-)

To make a long story short,  I finially gave up and went with an ARNET
4 port board.  BUT, I have since been told that one of the problems
with 3 & 4 is that each requires a single comm board for each slot -
boards with 2 comm ports won't work.  I've never followed up on this any
further.  Any comments???
Scotty
------
AIDS INFORMATION EXCHANGE BBS      (214) 247-2367/247-5609
               "Education is the best weapon"
            {uunet,smu,ames}!sulaco!ozdaltx!sysop