UUCP Directories deleted.

Warren Tucker wht at n4hgf.uucp
Wed Mar 7 18:33:06 AEST 1990

In article <205 at vela.acs.oakland.edu> srodawa at vela.acs.oakland.edu (Dr. Srodawa) writes:
>Using HDB UUCP in Xenix 2.3.2, if an account is given the uucico shell,
>the the home directory is placed in /usr/spool/uucp.  But, uudaemon.clean
>will eventually delete it.  Way to go!
>Ron.

Yeah. Ain't that just GREAT?? I mimiced the SCO UNIX 3.2 usage to get
around the problem.

Once:
mkdir /usr/spool/uucplogins

Each time you add a user:
mkuser uuralph
mkdir /usr/spool/uucplogins/uuralph
chown uuralph /usr/spool/uucplogins/uuralph
chgrp uucp /usr/spool/uucplogins/uuralph
rm -r /usr/spool/uucp/uuralph
edit /etc/passwd to change login directory

I suppose if I did this very often, I'd change 'mkuser'.  (What a
nuisance!  I haven't found anything that makes use of the login
directory.  '.hushlogin' doesn't appear to work.)