SCO stopping enhancements for Xenix?

Don Glover corwin at polari.UUCP
Thu Mar 1 08:18:40 AEST 1990

In article <Hy78e2w160w at nstar.UUCP>, larry at nstar.UUCP (Larry Snyder) writes:
> Has anyone else heard anything from SCO about stopping
> product development on the Xenix product, and only releasing
> bug fixes through 1991?

Larry this is really a followup to the message I sent before,  I finally got
SCO to return a call.  According to Sharon in sales, what is currently selling
is the final version (aside from MINOR bug fixes) of xenix that will be
available.  There will be no further development work on xenix, To get up
grades you have to pay $495 for operating system and $495 for the development
system.  At these prices it looks like it is better to buy ESIX from everex
than to upgrade to SCO unix.  Saves about 175 to go with ESIX, once again
the SCO blood suckers strike.