Setting up a modem in 386Xenix

neal at mnopltd.UUCP neal at mnopltd.UUCP
Mon Mar 19 03:55:00 AEST 1990

->In article <13529 at cbnewsd.ATT.COM> heneghan at cbnewsd.ATT.COM (joseph.t.heneghan) writes:
->>I am trying to set up a modem in 386 Xenix on a Compaq 386. I use
->>a db9-db25 converter, a gender changer, and a hayes 2400. I get
->>a "No Devices Available" when trying to cu -l. I tried
->>stty options > /dev/tty1a and the terminal I'm on hangs. Any
->>ideas? I guess I'm more familiar with Unix V 3.2.
->
->"386 Xenix", yousay. Whose? Under SCO, tty1A and tty1a are the same port,
->but the upper case letter is used for a modem control line.
->

I suggest you first get on of those $6 doodads with the lights and plug it in.
Then look at the Devices file to see if tty1a is listed as a device to be used,
which is, i think, the source of the above message.  Then noodle around, noting
when you seem to get a DTR signal on the modem line.   Beyond that, its a
black art which cannot be taught remotely.  (or remotely taught)