SCO UNIX 3.2 & uucico

Steven M. List itkin at mrspoc.Transact.COM
Mon Mar 26 05:06:14 AEST 1990

deanr at lakesys.lakesys.com (Dean Roth) writes:

>A site I need to call is using 7 bits and even parity.
>Uucico uses 8 bits, no parity.  How do I get uucico to
>use 7 bits, even parity?

>I am running SCO's UNIX System V revision 3.2.

The settings for parity, data bits, and stop bits are all set through
the DIALER programs.  Look at the *.c files in /usr/lib/uucp.  There's
one for the Telebit, and it documents each of the settings, including
these three, and tells you which register is being set.

A quick mod to create a version of the dialer program, an addition to
the Devices file, and you can use a different dialer for this (and other
odd) site.