How to increase inode allocation on disk

Jim Morris morris at dms.UUCP
Wed Mar 14 04:25:43 AEST 1990

>From article <226 at bradf.UUCP>, by brad at bradf.UUCP (Bradley W. Fisher):
>
> This I'm sure works quite dandy under UNIX systems that have separate
> filesystems for "root" (/) and "usr" (/usr/spool/news), but the default
> for SCO Xenix is to install with *one* file system. Therein lies the...

Well I have news running on Xenix 2.3.2, what I did was to put in another
filesystem for news and called the mount point /usr/spool/news:

mkdev fs /u/news /usr/spool/news

BTW Xenix will allow as many filesystems as you want, the default is 1 or 2
but in the installation script it asks if you want manual control of the
filesystems, if you say 'y' it dumps you in divvy. If you have space on
your disk you can also run divvy without re-installing. I hate to say
this but RTFM installion guide or the bit on managing filesystems.
--
Jim Morris.         {motcsd|weitek}!dms!morris or morris at dms.UUCP
Voice	(408) 434-3798