MAXSPEED SS-8 I/O controllers

Frank I. Reiter frank at rsoft.bc.ca
Fri Mar 2 15:26:20 AEST 1990

I've just received information on the new MAXSPEED SS-8 Series II 8 port
serial controllers.  The promo makes these beasts sound pretty good; fast,
reliable, simple, and inexpensive.  I'd like to hear some end user or reseller
reports on this product.

Have you ever used one of their Series I or Series II products?  Can you
comment on :

   o reliability/compatibility etc.
   o handling of modem control (both blocking on opens and SIGHUP)
   o RTS/CTS support (tried it with a TB+?)
   o proper response to ioctl(fd,TCFLSH,1)  (I know most people couldn't care
	 less, but it's important to us and ARNET has been promising for too long)
   o service and support from the manufacturer

Please email - I will collect answers and post a summary if there is interest.