doscp problem

Dr. Srodawa srodawa at vela.acs.oakland.edu
Wed Mar 21 15:32:14 AEST 1990

In article <459 at memqa.uucp> qexal31 at memqa.uucp writes:

>Here is my problem, I am running SCO Xenix 2.3.2 with 60 megs for Xenix and
>20 megs for DOS. While under Xenix I am trying to copy several (144) files
>from the DOS partition using doscp. Here is the command I use:
>             doscp c:clips/exe/*.* *.*
>I would think this command would copy all files in the exe directory to the
>current Xenix directory, but I get an error message like: can't find *.*

The doscp manual is quite clear about this, wildcards are not supported.
I do this as follows:
1. dosls c:/clips/exe >> script.csh
2. chmod u+x script.csh
3. vi script.csh
   :1,$s;^;doscp c:/clips/exe/;
   :1,$s/$/ ./
   ZZ
4. script.csh

The first line lists the DOS filenames, one per line.
The second line allows script.csh to be executed.
The invocation of vi will change a line like
foobar
doscp c:/clips/exe/foobar .
within script.csh
Finally, line 4 does the dirty deed.  It usually takes me little more
than a minute or two to do this.  Ron.
--
| Ronald J. Srodawa               | Internet: srodawa at unix.secs.oakland.edu |
| School of Engineering and CS    | UUCP:     srodawa at egrunix.UUCP          |