Everex ESIX vs. SCO Xenix/Unix

A J Annala annala at neuro.usc.edu
Mon Mar 12 06:42:07 AEST 1990

I am astounded that SCO is abandoning support for Xenix.  We are being
strontgly pressured by a third party image processing system supplier
to convert out existing unix system from IBM Unix V2.0 to SCO Xenix --
now I learn SCO Xenix is disappearing -- and upgrade to SCO Unix might
not be immediately possible because our image processing product will
need modification to run under SCO Unix -- and eventual upgrade will
cost us an additional $1000 ... Maybe I should pressure my vendor to
convert to the lower cost Everix ESIX system?

What experience (favorable and unfavorable) do people have with ESIX?

Thanks, AJ