VP/ix and Floppy Drives

Ken Abrams kabra437 at pallas.athenanet.com
Sun Mar 18 10:51:29 AEST 1990

In article <15030011 at hpfijdw.HP.COM> jdw at hpfijdw.HP.COM (Jeff Wood) writes:

[Why can't I use the B: drive in VP/ix?]

Although undocumented, I have seen several reports that VP/ix can't deal
with more than 1 floppy assignment at a time.  My own very limited
experience would tend to confirm this.  If this is true, then for the
examples you stated, DOS is probably operating as though you have only
1 floppy on the system.  When this situation is present, DOS uses the
single floppy as both A: and B:.  Try your commands again with a disk
in your physical A: drive and see if it doesn't act differently.
I >>THINK<< that the only practical solution to this is to re-start
VP/ix with only the B: drive defined when you need to use it.

Ken Abrams                     uunet!pallas!kabra437
Illinois Bell                  kabra437 at athenanet.com
Springfield                    (voice) 217-753-7965