SCO stopping enhancements for Xenix?

Wm E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at sixhub.UUCP
Tue Mar 6 12:07:11 AEST 1990

In article <1353 at polari.UUCP> corwin at polari.UUCP (Don Glover) writes:

| > Yes, it sucks that SCO is moving in a direction of orphaning home
| > hackers, but that isn't where the money is for them.
|
| 	If they beleive this, then they are pretty stupid.  You ever
| 	hear of products such as cpm and ms-dos?

  I hope you aren't going to claim that they were a success based on
home use. CP/M was widely used in industry and business, because it was
that of ISIS (from Intel) and ISIS ran on Intel hardware, making the
total package about twice the price of a CP/M system.

  The home hacker is buying ESIX. There just isn't much else in the
price range. And thay are making money (assuming they are) in a number
of ways. I'm not at all sure how much they modify the basic AT&T
release, I suspect not much except for their system with the RISC CPU
stuffed in.
--
bill davidsen - davidsen at sixhub.uucp (uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!davidsen)
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX