VP/ix and Floppy Drives

Bill Campbell campbell at Thalatta.COM
Mon Mar 19 15:44:05 AEST 1990

In article <15030011 at hpfijdw.HP.COM> jdw at hpfijdw.HP.COM (Jeff Wood) writes:
:
:I am having problems with VP/ix and floppy drives.  I have
:version 2.3.3 of Xenix and 1.1 Update A of VP\ix.  I am using
:an HP Vectra with 1.2 Mbyte 5.25" and 1.44 Mbyte 3.5" drives.
:Here are the device files for the floppy drives:
:When I try to catalog a formatted disk with the command:
:
:   dir b:
:
:I get the message:
:
:   Not ready error reading drive B
:   Abort, Retry, Ignore?
:
VP/IX seems to have a problem using more than one floppy at a time and
only seems to recognize the first one in the *cnf file.  Try commenting
out the line defining the a: drive and only use the b:

I have had a number of difficulties reliably reading floppies under VP/IX
(Tandy 4000 running Xenix 2.2.6) and have had to do various work-arounds
involving using doscp under xenix to copy the floppies to a xenix
directory then using netup to reassign the a: drive.

--
....microsoft--\					Bill Campbell; Celestial Software
...uw-beaver-----!thebes!camco!bill	6641 East Mercer Way