SCO stopping enhancements for Xenix?

Don Glover corwin at polari.UUCP
Fri Mar 2 02:46:57 AEST 1990

In article <213 at van-bc.UUCP>, jtc at van-bc.UUCP (J.T. Conklin) writes:
> In article <1313 at polari.UUCP> corwin at polari.UUCP (Don Glover) writes:
> >No, BUT what has just happened indicates that this might be the case.  In
> >[much deleted]
>
> I hope this is not true -- First no NFS and then no DS upgrade
> for XENIX.  This ties my hands as a developer, and I can't afford
> to orphan XENIX just like that.
>
>   [why he would like the compiler deleted]

As an additional note, latter that same day I talked to tech support where
I got my original info on the upgrade, They gave the same story that ther
would be no xenix compiler upgrades forth comming.  BUT, I received a call
back from yet another sales type (I was having trouble getting sco to return
my calls, so I put calls in to a bunch of peoplee)  who tells me that in
a memo dated 2/23/89 it states that there is a an update going to be
available in 'late march'.    What this all means I don't know, but
I suspect that noone is in charge down at sco.