Available: GCC/GAS Patches for SCO Xenix Dev. Sys.

Steve Bleazard steve at robobar.co.uk
Mon Mar 19 23:42:13 AEST 1990

I have taught GCC and GAS to produce .o files which are usable
under SCO Xenix 386.

Relevant information:

    * Currently, the patches are relative to GCC 1.37 and GAS 1.34.

    * requires Microsoft C 5.1 for 386 (SCO lng 085 or better) for stage 1
      build.

    * Produces Microsoft C compatible OMF object files.

    * Links with the standard Xenix 386 libraries (at least it does with
      my 2.3 dev. sys. libraries) using the standard ld(C) to produce
      x.out files executable by SCO Xenix 386.

    * GCC compiles itself (with -O) comparing .o files with no differences
      between stage 3 and stage 4. (Yes, you can just do cmp file1.o file2.o)

    * compiles perl release 3.0 patchlevel 15 and runs all the tests
      successfully, but not with -O (That makes it core dump :-( )
      (Had to use -fpcc-struct-return to make it pass op.dbm test)

My system:

	SCO Xenix 2.3.2 with 2.3 dev sys and lng 085.
	I've compiled it with only 2 Mb of core in the box, but that makes
	it swap just a bit.  It's fine now (there's 8 Mb in it today :-).

Patch availability:

	If there's enough interest, I'll post the patches to alt.sources
	next week or so.  No, I'm not mailing them overseas, Eunet costs
	are low, but not _that_ low.

	I will mail them to archive sites, if asked.

--
Steve.Bleazard at RoboBar.Co.Uk        | Phone:  +44 1 991 1142 x153
Snr Software Engineer, Robobar Ltd. | Fax:    +44 1 998 8343 (G3)