Keep them out!

Dr. Srodawa srodawa at vela.acs.oakland.edu
Sun May 27 13:07:09 AEST 1990

In article <304 at fryepro.UUCP> gary at fryepro.UUCP (Gary L. Scorby) writes:
>The system I use it running SCO Xenix 2.3.2.  Is there a command
>that allows the super user to stop anyone from logging in for a
>period of time?  I believe Berkley Unix stopped logins when the
>file nologin was present in /etc.  SCO does not appear to do this.
>Is there something similar?  Thanks in advance.

If you are just booting, give root password rather than ^D to stay
in single user mode.  If you are in multi-user mode, use shutdown.
Check its documentation for options.  Ron.

--
| Ronald J. Srodawa               | Internet: srodawa at unix.secs.oakland.edu |
| School of Engineering and CS    | UUCP:     srodawa at egrunix.UUCP          |