XENIX on Trs-80 16B

ab3%pucc-j at BRL-VGR.ARPA ab3%pucc-j at BRL-VGR.ARPA
Thu Dec 22 05:06:35 AEST 1983

From:  Darth Wombat <ab3%pucc-j at BRL-VGR.ARPA>

	A couple of hours spent in a radio shack computer store in Chicago
a while back revealed the following:

	1. It's very s---l---o---w.  I wonder what speed that processor
is chugging alog at? (Salesperson did not know.)

	2. It's not terribly robust; a C program consisting basically of
"while (1) fork();" blew it away.  So did one that tried to open more
than the maximum number of files.  Remember the "at" bug? It's there; so
are a lot of the other common bugs.

	3. The &%$ keyboard is missing the symbols for either [] or {}; can't
remember which offhand; and | becomes backslash.  I don't recall all the
details, but it'd probably take a while to learn how to type on this thing.
Additionally, the keyboard feels like a damp sponge.

	4. I think I'll wait for Bell's machine.

Rich Kulawiec / Purdue
{ allegra, decvax, ihnp4, harpo, seismo, teklabs, ucbvax } !pur-ee!rsk