Wanted: UNIX interactive terminal session logger

fdf at houxa.UUCP fdf at houxa.UUCP
Sat Nov 12 07:11:49 AEST 1983

I am interested in obtaining a program or set of commands that will
allow me to log the results of an interactive terminal session to a
file. Specifically, I am running a c program that I cannot alter
and I would like to be able to have the commands I input and the
response it gives written to a single file (in real time order)
along with appearing on the terminal. I have tried:

	tee -a file | a.out | tee -a file

but either the pipe mechanism or tee itself is buffered, so
the terminal and the file do not get commands and responses in the
same order as when

		a.out

is executed.

What I am looking for is similar to a program called "photo" that ran
on a DEC-10 I used a few years ago at Vanderbilt (Rutgers has one, too).

I am running UNIX 5.0 on a VAX (of course, UNIX is a trademark of
AT&T Bell Laboratories, and VAX is a trademark of Digital Equipment

Frank Fite
AT&T Bell Laboratories, Holmdel NJ
201-949-1240
ihnp4!houxm!houxa!fdf (or something similar)