differences in UNIX versions

Rsk the Wombat ab3 at stat-l
Wed Apr 25 00:45:11 AEST 1984

	Uh, y'know, there's only several thousand cases to be described
across five different versions here...you could have asked for v6 and 2.8BSD
to be included as well...

	Seriously, why not do a little research yourself, rather than asking
the net what amounts to an "unanswerable" question?  Why not read the
documentation available with the different Unix versions, and the published
papers?

	And why am I posting this, not mailing it?  I, for one, am somewhat
tired of reading posted queries that could have been answered with 5 minutes
research in (a) the Unix manuals (b) the library's ACM/IEEE publications or
(c) the local guru's office.
--
Rsk the Wombat
UUCP: { allegra, decvax, ihnp4, harpo, teklabs, ucbvax } !pur-ee!rsk