VI Bug

Howard D. Weisberg brandx at ihuxa.UUCP
Fri Apr 20 12:16:51 AEST 1984

These bugs are for UNIX 5.0 and 5.0.5, running on VAX 11/780's:

1)  In the middle of a file (200 line file for argument's sake),
    I typed (accidentally on purpose) 3003 ^B.  (I tried to go
    back a lot of screens - 100 screens will do).  I got
    "memory fault - core dumped".  Not to mention that it left my
    terminal in raw mode.

2)  I recently started putting "set nowrapscan" in my .exrc.
    All the sudden "vi +/string file" no longer works as I expect.
    It starts searching at the end of the file and since the search
    doesn't wrap around....  You would think that it would have more
    smarts than that.

I'm not sure on how to formally report these bugs.