hacking init

naftoli at aecom.UUCP naftoli at aecom.UUCP
Tue Apr 3 09:14:32 AEST 1984

>> I am posting this article to ask "what's your favorite way to hack init"?
>> How does one recover if the new version of init is so damaged that Unix
>> won't even boot? When I work on unix, I can tell boot which file to
>> run, whether it be "unix" or "nunix". But I don't see how to do that
>> easily for init.

The best thing to do is keep a separate root filesystem charged up
for such emergencies.  Then you can boot the alternate root up
with a separate and hopefully undamaged init.
--
Robert Berlinger
...{philabs,cucard,pegasus}!aecom!naftoli