Converting floats to ascii and vice versa

zellich at almsa-1.ARPA zellich at almsa-1.ARPA
Thu Apr 26 04:33:33 AEST 1984

From:      Rich Zellich <zellich at almsa-1.ARPA>

To all those who replied about atof(), sscanf(), and sprintf(), thank you.
I knew about them but for some reason couldn't find atof on our system when
I looked for it (it's there, though, because when I looked into sscanf and
_doprint, it is used, and replacing sscanf with atof works just fine).  As
for sscanf and sprintf, it just seemed there ought to be a less convoluted
way of handling a single variable of known type (in the case of sscanf, of
course, there is: atof).
Cheers,
Rich