Yacc question

David C. Kovar davidk at dartvax.UUCP
Fri Apr 27 11:34:55 AEST 1984

Is there any way in YACC to push a token back onto the input
stream? Here's my problem:
	In Dartmouth Basic, arrays and function calls look
alike. They are all  <identifier> ( <expression ).
I'd like to scan of the identifier, look it up in the symbol
table and then decide what action to take. If I am looking
for an array identifier and I find a function identifier
I want to push it back and let it get caught later. For
various reasons I can't determine which it is in the lexical
scanner and then return the appropriate token there. Any
suggestions at all would be appreciated.

--
David C. Kovar
	    USNET:      {linus|decvax|cornell}!dartvax!davidk

	    U.S. Snail  HB 3140
			Dartmouth College
			Hanover NH
			03755

"The difficult we did yesterday, the impossible we are doing now."