Orphaned Response

gertjan at txsil.UUCP gertjan at txsil.UUCP
Thu Dec 6 02:54:00 AEST 1984

We are very happy with an Integrated Solutions 68010 Qbus system,
which runs a complete 4.2BSD in the kernel. We use 1.75Mb fast, 100 nanosec
memory, on a dual bus architecture.
This is about the same thing what PCS (in Germany) had done and what is
sold by Cambridge Digital as UniVax. Although this the Intgr.Sol.
is really running 4.2. Also service and help is quite good.
As far as I know are these the only designers who did it so that
the CPU can access dualport memory and the Qbus can access memory (via
DMA) at the same time.
	Starter price -> 9.000,00 American Pesos.
We have 2 DZV11 8 line multiplexors so altogether 18 lines, using the most
dumb terminals in the world as Adds Viewpoint and Televideo 910 (the 910
is so old that we needed and stripped 912 termcap!). It performs
really well. The processor can keep up.

Example. Loading Franz Lisp in about 3 seconds.

Integrated Solutions have also VME (Eurocard) systems of the same kind
which is more preferable I would say.

Contact man: Tom Nellis
		Southern Regional Sales Manager
		(713) 493-0302

Headquarters: San Jose, CA, (408) 943-1902 ask for Stu Oremland or Stan Coffee.

	..ihnp4!convex!smu!txsil!gertjan
	tel: (214) 298-3331
	gertjan vinkesteyn